RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Brink's Company (NYSE: BCO), a global leader in secure logistics, announced that it has agreed to sell its event security operations in France to Groupe Ageparfi, and its cash handling business in Poland to Impel Security Polska. Both transactions are expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
Brink's will continue to operate its airport security business in France. The company also will continue to operate in Poland through its Global Services unit.
Tom Schievelbein, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Brink's, said: "Our strategy is to maximize profits in developed markets while investing in growth opportunities in emerging markets and high-value solutions. These divestitures are the result of an ongoing portfolio review, which is aimed at reshaping our European footprint by reducing our presence in markets that are unlikely to achieve an acceptable return."
In 2011, the businesses to be divested had combined revenues of approximately $45 million and an operating loss of about $3 million. Brink's employs approximately 1,100 people at the two businesses.About The Brink's CompanyThe Brink's Company (NYSE:BCO) is the world's premier provider of secure transportation and cash management services. For more information, please visit The Brink's Company website at www.Brinks.com or call 804-289-9709. Contact:Investor Relations804.289.9709 SOURCE The Brink's Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV