- Our policyholders' ability to report and our ability to adjust claims have been impeded by the extent of the devastation and the number of areas affected; restrictions on access to the affected areas; gasoline shortages; and large areas of electricity outages.
- It is particularly difficult to assess the extent of damage in the initial stages of adjusting residential property losses.
- Our estimate for costs of repairs may prove to be incorrect because of increased demand for services and supplies in the areas affected by the catastrophes.
- The number of incurred but not reported (IBNR) claims may be greater or less than currently anticipated.
Allstate Provides Update On Pending October Catastrophe Loss Estimate
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.