AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) today announced that it is simplifying the enrollment process for the AZ&Me™ Prescription Savings Program for people with Medicare Part D by removing an out-of-pocket spend requirement.
As of Jan. 1, the program will no longer require that people with Medicare prescription drug coverage spend 3 percent of their annual household income on out-of-pocket costs for prescription medicines within the calendar year to qualify.
Those who meet all of the other program eligibility requirements may begin receiving their AstraZeneca medicines for free upon successfully completing the enrollment process. To be eligible for the program, a Medicare beneficiary must:
- Be enrolled in Medicare Part D.
- Have an annual household income at or below $35,000 for individuals or $48,000 for couples.
- Not be enrolled in the Medicare Limited Income Subsidy.
"We regularly evaluate how we can simplify our program enrollment process and saw an opportunity to do so for people with Medicare prescription drug coverage," said Jennifer McGovern, Director, AZ&Me Prescription Savings Programs. "Removing the out-of-pocket spend requirement means that people will no longer have to gather documentation from their pharmacy before completing their enrollment, saving them time and helping them get their AstraZeneca medicines sooner."AstraZeneca has offered prescription savings programs for 34 years and offers one of the industry’s most generous programs. The company will continue to make program enhancements that better serve patients and the advocates who help them. "Prescription assistance programs help fill an important need for many people who have Medicare Part D coverage, but may not be able to access all of their medicines because of limited financial resources," said Nora Dowd Eisenhower, senior vice president for economic security and director of the Center for Benefits Access, National Council on Aging. "We salute AstraZeneca for its continued leadership in patient assistance and will use this opportunity to remind Medicare beneficiaries, caregivers and advocates that these kinds of programs are a helpful resource for many who don’t qualify for extra help through the Medicare Limited Income Subsidy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV