With expectations and the bar set extraordinarily low, Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu said he thinks Dell could rally near-term, as results may be better than anticipated.
"However, given low expectations, we expect results to be in-line or better. For its outlook, it is a similar story with low expectations. Because of this, we would not be surprised to see a near-term rally in DELL shares though our longer-term concerns remain," Wu wrote in a note. He rated Dell shares neutral.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect the Round Rock, Texas-based company to earn 40 cents a share on $13.89 billion in revenue.
The PC market might be slowing and becoming less relevant as smartphones and tablets continue to meet our technological needs. Raymond James analyst Brian Alexander believes the PC isn't dead, and Dell could surprise from an uptick in demand."We maintain our Strong Buy rating, however, as we believe that growth could surprise to the upside in a more normalized environment, as the company leverages its enhance enterprise capabilities, increased technical resources and expanded channel presence," Alexander wrote. Dell investors can only hope. Interested in more on Dell? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV