"Removal of the bump demonstrates how far our design work has progressed," said Michael Teal, chief project engineer, 737 MAX.
With Firm Concept, the factory plan for the 737 MAX also has been defined. The factory plan includes a 737 MAX transition line where the initial 737 MAX airplanes will be assembled before integrating the new airplane into the existing 737 production lines in Renton, Wash.
"The 737 MAX remains on track for first delivery in 2017," said Teal. "Now we are focused on the finer details of the configuration and we are confident we'll be ready to begin detailed design in mid-2013."
Contact: Lauren Penning737 MAX Communications+1 425-306-3691 Lauren.L.Penning@boeing.comPhoto and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV