Senesco Technologies, Inc. (“Senesco” or the “Company”) (NYSE MKT: SNT) today reported financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013 which ended on September 30, 2012.
Highlights of the first quarter and recent weeks include:
- The Company expanded its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial to include Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma and Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
- The Company dosed the first Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma patient.
- The Company began dosing patients in the second cohort at the next higher dose level in its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- The Company completed the first cohort of patients in its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial for the treatment of multiple myeloma in which SNS01-T, the Company’s lead drug candidate, was well tolerated and met the criteria for Stable Disease in 2 of the 3 evaluable patients that comprised cohort 1.
- The Company was informed that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted orphan-drug designation for SNS01-T for treatment of both mantle cell lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- The Company reported that the combination of bortezomib (the active component of VELCADE ® marketed by Millennium, the Takeda Oncology Company) and SNS01-T performs significantly better than either treatment alone in mouse xenograft models.
- The Company reported that combining SNS01-T with lenalidomide (the active ingredient in REVLIMID ® marketed by Celgene Corporation) inhibits tumor growth more effectively than either drug alone in mouse xenograft models.
- The Company delivered a presentation at the 14 th Annual Rodman & Renshaw Healthcare Conference.
- A poster describing the ongoing SNS01-T study in multiple myeloma was presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- The Company presented at the 2012 BIO Investor Forum Conference.
“We are pleased that the SNS01-T Phase 1b/2a trial is progressing well and providing indicators of tolerability and effectiveness,” said Leslie J. Browne, Ph.D., President and CEO of Senesco. “We look forward to reporting on the results of the second cohort of the trial using SNS01-T at higher dose levels early in 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV