Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) and Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) (NYSE: SAI) today announced a strategic alliance focused on changing the way modern enterprise and government users mobilize their employees, partners and customers. The alliance creates a flexible and optimized path to buying, building and managing mobile solutions through a software-as-a-service (SaaS) approach. SAIC will leverage Motorola’s RhoMobile Suite to offer an open architecture and secure mobile applications and solutions to its government and enterprise users while also delivering mobile services to 1.5 million potential information technology (IT) customers. The RhoMobile technology also enables SAIC to extend its customers’ enterprise and mobile application environments with minimal effort and consistent reliability.
SAIC's Integrated Services Management Center (ISMC) is a horizontal IT outsourcing delivery center that provides customer-centric IT services to global customers representing nearly 1.5 million seats in both the federal and enterprise space. Within the ISMC, Motorola’s RhoMobile Suite will allow SAIC to provide application development and application management services along with numerous internal apps from several different SAIC organizations in its Enterprise App Store.
The award-winning RhoMobile Suite was launched earlier this year and is a true HTML5 cross-platform development framework that allows developers to write an application once and have it look and act the same on different mobile devices, regardless of the current operating system (OS). This technology helps reduce operating expenses by virtually future-proofing applications that will continue to run and perform on current and next generation enterprise and consumer devices. Combining the features of RhoElements, RhoConnect and RhoStudio into one solution, RhoMobile Suite fills a gap found in traditional web technologies because it can synchronize data and operate in either a connected or disconnected environment.
- RhoMobile applications are OS-agnostic and able to support enterprise- and consumer-class operating systems including Microsoft Windows® Embedded Handheld, Microsoft Windows® Embedded Compact, Microsoft Windows® Phone 7 Series, Apple® iOS, Android® and BlackBerry®.
- The RhoMobile 2.1 and RhoConnect 3.3 release included support for building desktop ("Big Windows") and iOS 6 apps, advanced security with PKI encryption, expanded device capabilities and advanced bundled push notification service.
- The ISMC delivers managed services for SAIC and has a wide variety of application build and operate contracts in place to deliver hosted environments (including ISO 27001 certified environments) to meet all levels of requirements. This allows the ISMC to deliver a Federal Cloud FedRAMP/FISMA certified path to market for Motorola’s individual software vendor partners and customers requiring certified hosted environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV