Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced beta availability of its IronKey™ Workspace, certified for deployment of Windows To Go. The IronKey Workspace lets organizations outfit mobile professionals with a secure, fast USB platform to run Windows To Go from a USB stick on multiple compatible PCs, an ideal solution for teleworkers, contractors, and those implementing BYOD (“bring your own device”) strategies.
The IronKey Workspace is certified for deployment of Windows To Go, a feature of Windows 8 that lets enterprise users boot a full version of Windows 8 from an external USB drive on compatible host PCs.
“The traditional and static arrangement of the software instance of the user’s workspace bound to a single hardware device no longer fits the personal computing requirements of a growing population of workers and, for that matter, their employers; breaking this software-to-hardware linkage is essential,” said Michael Suby, Stratecast’s vice president of Research at Frost & Sullivan. “PC on a Stick addresses this need by infusing complete and secure workspace portability into the realm of personal computing.”
Organizations running Windows 8 Enterprise Edition can provision a Windows desktop onto the IronKey Workspace to create a PC on a Stick™ – with the operating system and data contained on the USB drive, while still leveraging the host PC’s hardware and resources, such as monitors, cameras, and network connections.The IronKey Workspace provides a fast, easy, and cost effective way to empower mobile workers with Windows To Go. Features and benefits of the IronKey Workspace include:
- Speed: The IronKey Workspace drive delivers over five times the minimum read/write performance required for Windows To Go certified devices. Users will experience a responsive and smooth-running system, thanks to USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology and sequential read performance of up to 400+ MB/second, and sequential write speeds of up to 300+ MB/second.
- Security: IronKey Workspace protects an organization’s data by leveraging Windows To Go’s BitLocker password protection capabilities and up to 256-bit AES full disk encryption. Devices, data, and applications are automatically protected the moment a user removes the drive from their host PC.
- Capacity options: Available in 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities to meet a range of user needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV