Hotels.com helps those travelling for work with a list of the most business-friendly destinations
TORONTO, Nov. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - At one point or another, most of us will have to travel for work-related purposes. Many of us already do and, for a few, the movie 'Up in the Air' isn't too far from reality. While it's nice to get away from our desks for a bit, the process of travelling can be exhausting. With this in mind, Hotels.com® used its Hotel Price Index™ (HPI™) to put together a list of the most business-friendly Canadian destinations to help ease the pains of your next work trip.
1. Vancouver, British Columbia : The third most popular domestic destination for Canadians according to the HPI, with an average daily hotel rate of $144 CDN.
Airport: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- This airport has won accolades for its views, food and amenities which include a 114,000-litre aquarium. It was crowned " Canada's Best Airport" by Flightnetwork.com and previously won "Best North American Airport" at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Business features include free Wi-Fi, a business lounge and full postal service.
- The Delta Vancouver Airport has all you need including free Wi-Fi, free airport shuttle, 24-hour business centre and valet parking. It has an in-house restaurant, Pier 73, which offers cuisine to please all tastes - perfect for client entertaining - and is less than one kilometer from the airport.
- Now if that hotel is all booked, check out The Fairmont Vancouver Airport, also a stone's throw from the airport, which includes a 24-hour business centre, valet parking, event space and in-house restaurant, Globe@YVR, which features Pacific Northwest cuisine from the region and a day spa with treatments to reduce jet-lag.
- This airport is the biggest in Canada and features free Wi-Fi, Plaza Premium Lounges where travellers can work at a computer station, use the self-serve bar and enjoy non-stop meal service. It also has a whole lot of coffee spots - five Tim Horton's to be exact - to keep you alert during your work travels.
- Book a stay at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites. It's conveniently located next door to the airport, has a business centre, express check-in, meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi and an on-site Italian eatery, Bliss Bar and Restaurant. Here, both your client work and dinners can be under the same roof!
- Another convenient hotel is Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport. Located less than a kilometer from the airport, it features free Wi-Fi, conference meeting rooms and an in-house restaurant, Mahogany Grill, which caters to a variety of different tastes.
- At this airport you get a taste of the local culture the minute you leave the plane with a Calgary-style welcome that includes a White Hat ceremony. It features free Wi-Fi, a business lounge and, if you're looking for some entertainment, a spaceport where you can simulate space flight and more.
- The Delta Calgary Airport is just one kilometer from the airport, has a 24-hour business centre, conference/meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi.
- Alternatively, check out the Holiday Inn Express Airport. While it's not as close to the airport (approximately 11 kilometers away) it features complimentary breakfast, an airport shuttle, business centre, conference/meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi.
- This airport has won many awards and in 2011 Global Airport Service Quality (ASQ) ratings declared it one of the best airports in the world. If you're interested in a behind-the-scenes view, take an airport tour accompanying Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers and their dogs as they search suspicious luggage.
- The Quality Inn Halifax Airport is two kilometers from the airport and just 200 metres from the Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum - hey, it could work for client entertaining! They also offer free Wi-Fi, an airport shuttle, business centre and your choice of a free hot or cold breakfast to start your day.
- Another very close hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, is just over three kilometers from the airport. The hotel has a 24-hour business centre, meeting spaces, audio-visual equipment for rent and a free airport shuttle.
- This airport includes a much-appreciated spa to soothe stressed travellers, free Wi-Fi and a business lounge.
- The Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel is just 600 meters from the airport, has a large event space, business centre and free Wi-Fi in public areas - who wants to hole up in their room anyway?
- A bit further away, but don't fret, it has a free airport shuttle, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport. Business offerings include a 24-hour business centre, small meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment rentals and a much-needed coffee shop.