Hotels.com helps those travelling for work with a list of the most business-friendly destinations
Nov. 15, 2012
/CNW/ - At one point or another, most of us will have to travel for work-related purposes. Many of us already do and, for a few, the movie 'Up in the Air' isn't too far from reality. While it's nice to get away from our desks for a bit, the process of travelling can be exhausting. With this in mind,
® used its
Hotel Price Index™ (HPI™)
to put together a list of the most business-friendly Canadian destinations to help ease the pains of your next work trip.
Vancouver, British Columbia
The third most popular domestic destination for Canadians according to the HPI, with an average daily hotel rate of
International Airport (YVR)
- This airport has won accolades for its views, food and amenities which include a 114,000-litre aquarium. It was crowned " Canada's Best Airport" by Flightnetwork.com and previously won "Best North American Airport" at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Business features include free Wi-Fi, a business lounge and full postal service.
- The Delta Vancouver Airport has all you need including free Wi-Fi, free airport shuttle, 24-hour business centre and valet parking. It has an in-house restaurant, Pier 73, which offers cuisine to please all tastes - perfect for client entertaining - and is less than one kilometer from the airport.
- Now if that hotel is all booked, check out The Fairmont Vancouver Airport, also a stone's throw from the airport, which includes a 24-hour business centre, valet parking, event space and in-house restaurant, Globe@YVR, which features Pacific Northwest cuisine from the region and a day spa with treatments to reduce jet-lag.
The HPI ranks this as the most popular domestic destination for Canadians with an average daily hotel rate of
: Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- This airport is the biggest in Canada and features free Wi-Fi, Plaza Premium Lounges where travellers can work at a computer station, use the self-serve bar and enjoy non-stop meal service. It also has a whole lot of coffee spots - five Tim Horton's to be exact - to keep you alert during your work travels.
- Book a stay at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites. It's conveniently located next door to the airport, has a business centre, express check-in, meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi and an on-site Italian eatery, Bliss Bar and Restaurant. Here, both your client work and dinners can be under the same roof!
- Another convenient hotel is Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport. Located less than a kilometer from the airport, it features free Wi-Fi, conference meeting rooms and an in-house restaurant, Mahogany Grill, which caters to a variety of different tastes.
The seventh most popular domestic destination for Canadians, which has more head offices than any city in
and an average daily hotel rate of
, according to the HPI.
International Airport (YYC)
- At this airport you get a taste of the local culture the minute you leave the plane with a Calgary-style welcome that includes a White Hat ceremony. It features free Wi-Fi, a business lounge and, if you're looking for some entertainment, a spaceport where you can simulate space flight and more.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
- The Delta Calgary Airport is just one kilometer from the airport, has a 24-hour business centre, conference/meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi.
- Alternatively, check out the Holiday Inn Express Airport. While it's not as close to the airport (approximately 11 kilometers away) it features complimentary breakfast, an airport shuttle, business centre, conference/meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi.
: Another popular domestic destination for Canadians with an average daily hotel rate of
Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- This airport has won many awards and in 2011 Global Airport Service Quality (ASQ) ratings declared it one of the best airports in the world. If you're interested in a behind-the-scenes view, take an airport tour accompanying Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers and their dogs as they search suspicious luggage.
- The Quality Inn Halifax Airport is two kilometers from the airport and just 200 metres from the Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum - hey, it could work for client entertaining! They also offer free Wi-Fi, an airport shuttle, business centre and your choice of a free hot or cold breakfast to start your day.
- Another very close hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, is just over three kilometers from the airport. The hotel has a 24-hour business centre, meeting spaces, audio-visual equipment for rent and a free airport shuttle.
: The second most popular domestic destination for Canadians by HPI ranking, with an average daily hotel rate of
Montréal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- This airport includes a much-appreciated spa to soothe stressed travellers, free Wi-Fi and a business lounge.
Simplify your trip: Business Traveller Tips
- The Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel is just 600 meters from the airport, has a large event space, business centre and free Wi-Fi in public areas - who wants to hole up in their room anyway?
- A bit further away, but don't fret, it has a free airport shuttle, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport. Business offerings include a 24-hour business centre, small meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment rentals and a much-needed coffee shop.
So now you know where to go and stay, you have to make sure you're prepared for the trip itself. Make life easier with these helpful business travel tips: