D&B (NYSE: DNB), the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, announced today the launch of the Portfolio Risk Manager (PRM) add on module for DNBi Enterprise Edition. The new module provides DNBi Enterprise Edition customers with up to two million accounts with an aggregated view of their entire portfolio, quickly identifying areas of risk and opportunity. With PRM for DNBi Enterprise Edition, companies can execute near real-time, one-click reports in minutes, to proactively perform a portfolio review, and drill down to areas identified as needing further scrutiny. The trends and analytical insights PRM delivers enable credit managers to effectively manage and communicate portfolio performance across the organization.
Credit Today estimates that the number-one challenge facing credit departments is deteriorating customer credit levels; 31 percent said this was the biggest challenge for them in today’s economy, compared to only two percent two years ago. For companies with sizable portfolios, it’s now necessary to have tools to quickly evaluate the health of the portfolio and to help prioritize which accounts require reviews. PRM also helps to find new opportunities, providing businesses with intelligent insights to identify customers with low credit risk; enabling the credit department to build collaborative relationships with sales and marketing teams to find cross sell and upsell opportunities to grow their business’ bottom line.
“The role credit management plays in companies is evolving,” said Josh Peirez, President, Global Product, Marketing and Innovation, at D&B. “Organizations have to find innovative ways to manage and respond to business risk efficiently, and collaborate across functions to pursue revenue opportunities. By integrating credit management into the business workflow, PRM delivers the intelligent insights to find these opportunities.”
Key benefits of PRM include:
- Identifying Risks and Opportunities: Recognize trends across the entire portfolio, calculate bad-debt reserve and see how it compares to national benchmarks so a business can strategically adjust credit policies and communicate growth opportunities.
- Revealing Potential Exposure: Identify risk exposure by, corporate family and by outstanding dollar ranges, age ranges and credit limit use to help prioritize collection efforts, manage credit limits and provide high-quality prospects to sales.
- Refining with Segmentation: Provide a comparative view of business exposure and risk concentrations by industry, age and size of business, or geography, highlighting segments of greatest risk and opportunity to grow revenue while reducing costs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts