Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc., which delivers innovative software and business services solutions for ambulatory care providers through its PrimeSUITE® platform, published today the results of extensive research it commissioned to pinpoint the views of U.S. health professionals and consumers toward changes in healthcare delivery and information technology. The full 31-page research report is available from Greenway at no charge to all healthcare stakeholders.
“Healthcare Information Technology: Trends and Transformations” is the result of independent research that included focus groups with C-level healthcare executives and surveys of over 1,000 physicians, CIOs/health IT professionals and consumers. Subject matter ranged from the perceived value of IT investments and the need for future improvements to steps taken in support of forthcoming changes in healthcare payment and care delivery models.
Among the study’s key findings:
- Physicians: Who’s in charge? Physicians see themselves in the lead — or at the forefront — of healthcare transformation, but believe that meaningful change can only come from the coordinated efforts of all stakeholders. They also report they feel the pressure to migrate to larger health systems, a trend they say will accelerate if Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements are further decreased.
- Consumers: Access above quality. Consumers rank access above quality in their healthcare concerns. About half feel challenged under employer-driven high deductibles and access limitations, and view government as responsible for fixing the problem. The majority of consumers expect to be increasingly involved in their own healthcare purchases and decisions, and embrace technology innovation to assist both themselves and their providers.
- IT executives: Data liquidity to drive delivery. Health system CIOs and IT professionals overwhelmingly support the movement toward improved access to information for patients, data exchange between healthcare settings and enhanced public health data analysis. The majority cite interoperability, data exchange and physician alignment as their main concerns going forward.
Furthering the National Dialog on Health“We encountered many enlightening results in this study, which we’re making available to help further the national dialog regarding the creation of a smarter and sustainable healthcare system,” said Greenway® President and Chief Executive Officer Tee Green. “The report reinforces the need for hospitals and healthcare providers to take a lead role in three major trends impacting patient care — data electronification, consumerism and population health improvement, which are hallmarks of Greenway’s industry commitment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV