ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today introduced a new family of 1200 volt (V) Schottky diodes based on silicon carbide (SiC) material and technology. The new diodes are targeted at a wide range of industrial applications including solar inverters, welding, plasma cutters, fast vehicle charging, oil exploration, and other high power, high voltage applications where power density, higher performance and reliability are important.
SiC offers a number of benefits compared to silicon material (Si) including a higher breakdown field strength and improved thermal conductivity. These attributes allow designers to create devices with better performance characteristics encompassing zero reverse recovery, temperature independent behavior, higher voltage capability, and higher temperature operation to achieve new levels of performance, efficiency and reliability.
In addition to the inherent benefits of the device, Microsemi is the only manufacturer to offer a SiC Schottky diode in a large surface mount backside solderable D 3 package allowing designers to achieve increased power density and lower manufacturing costs."We applied our more than 25 years of power semiconductor device design and manufacturing know-how to deliver a family of SiC diodes that offers unparalleled levels of performance, reliability and overall quality," said Russell Crecraft, general manager of Microsemi's Power Products Group. "Next-generation power conversion systems require higher power densities, higher operating frequencies and higher efficiencies—and our new silicon carbide devices help system designers meet those needs." The new 1200V SiC Schottky diode product portfolio includes:
- APT10SCD120BCT (1200V, 10A, common cathode TO-247 package)
- APT20SCD120B (1200V, 20A, TO-247 package)
- APT30SCD120B (1200V, 30A, TO-247 package)
- APT20SCD120S (1200V, 20A, D 3 package)
- APT30SCD120S (1200V, 30A, D 3 package)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV