DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company Fund announces $1 million pledge over two years to American Red Cross for disaster relief and career training for veterans and family members
- Through this grant, 200 veterans, those soon to leave military service, or their family members will receive scholarships for free training for a career in health care
- Healthcare Scholarships are available to military families in Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Nashville, Tenn. and Louisville, Ky.
Ford Motor Company Fund is pledging $1 million to the American Red Cross for workplace development training for veterans, military members and their families, as well as to disaster relief through the Red Cross Disaster Responder program.
In this two-year commitment, Ford's longstanding support of the American Red Cross is being expanded with 200 Blue Oval Scholarships for nurse assistant training in the Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces program. These scholarships will enable veterans, or those soon to leave military service, and their families to receive training for careers in the health field in five cities: Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Nashville, Tenn. and Louisville, Ky. All are cities in Ford's Operation Goodwill program.
The Red Cross nurse assistant training program equips trainees to achieve state-level certification as nurse assistants and obtain sustainable and competitive employment. The program provides job development and work readiness resources as well as help for graduates to find employment."Ford's support allows us to extend our nurse assistant training program in five areas of the country and helps us serve a larger number of service members and their families," said Lynn Crabb, senior director of Policy and Programs, Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces. "Recent government data show unemployment among post-9/11 veterans is at 9.7 percent," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "This expansion of our Red Cross partnership provides deserving veterans and their family members the chance to build new careers in the nursing field, which is a win-win-win for them, the Red Cross and our communities." This support builds on $50,000 in Ford grants in the past two years for the southeastern Michigan region health care career training program and disaster services programs. As part of this partnership, Ford also is joining the Red Cross Disaster Responder program and pledges donations on an ongoing basis in advance of major disasters, which helps the Red Cross ensure an immediate response to meet the needs of those affected by disasters of all sizes, at no cost and regardless of income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV