Party after party filling up your calendar? Houseguests keeping you on the go? Finding time to get the shopping done? Holiday foods tempting you at every turn? The holidays are one of the most exciting times of the year, but can also be the most hectic, causing you to become out of balance from your normal routine for eating, activity and everything in between. Hershey’s Moderation Nation ® , a go-to source for balanced lifestyle tips, is here to help you enjoy the things that make this the most wonderful time of the year.
Living the good life this holiday is all about doing little things that can help you find balance throughout your life – in what you eat, in what you do, and everything in between. To help, Moderation Nation Good Life Gurus Kelsey Nixon (Cooking Guru) and Jennie Finch (Family Activity Guru) are sharing their easy tips from perfectly portioned recipes to enjoy without the guilt to fun ways to get the entire family involved in your holiday to-dos. Just in time for the holidays, Nixon and Finch will share these tips at Hershey’s Chocolate World Times Square.
While Nixon and Finch are sharing tips to help kick off a “ Good Life Holiday” season, there are many impacted by Superstorm Sandy who may have a tough holiday this year. To show support, starting today The Hershey Company is donating $1 for every bag of 12 oz. Hershey's® Kisses® Chocolates and Kiss-shaped products sold at Hershey’s Chocolate World Times Square through Thanksgiving to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts.
Tips for Enjoying a “Good Life Holiday”“It can be easy to overdo it with all the delicious food at family gatherings and celebrations during the holiday season, but it’s food that brings us together. It’s how we celebrate, so you shouldn’t have to give it up,” said Nixon. “That’s why I’m working with Hershey’s Moderation Nation to share my tips, tools and techniques, including fun and easy holiday favorites to enjoy as part of a ‘ Good Life Holiday.’” Depictions of Nixon and Finch’s “ Good Life Holidays” – how they find happiness through well-being – will be officially unveiled today in the windows of Hershey’s Chocolate World Times Square to show that it’s possible to enjoy the good life through the holidays. Everyone is invited to bring their own “ Good Life Holidays” to life on Pinterest by posting the things that bring them holiday happiness and balance for a chance to win a weekend getaway to The Spa at The Hotel Hershey. Details on how to enter the “ Good Life Holiday” Pinterest Sweepstakes and official rules are available at www.TheModerationNation.com. “Finding time for family and activity to even out everything else going on during the holidays is so important. As a mom, my ‘ Good Life Holiday’ is all about family traditions, but the athlete in me always tries to keep them active and fun,” said Finch. “Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you can’t grab a coat and head outside. Use an inner tube or even a cookie sheet and go sledding with your kids if it’s snowy, or play old-fashioned tag when family comes to town. If you’re indoors, get your kids to help you decorate the house for the holidays.” Here are more of Nixon and Finch’s tips and tricks to try this holiday season and beyond:
- Aim for Petite Portions: Rather than filling up a whole plate with your dessert, bake or serve them in small containers like shot glasses or mini mason jars to help you keep the portions small, but fun. It is also fun to give these as gifts or party favors over the holidays. Nixon’s recipes for perfectly portioned desserts like Maple Cream Chocolate Brownie Shots and Pumpkin Pecan Pie in a Jar are available at www.TheModerationNation.com.
- Get Everyone In On the Action: The holidays are great for combining things on your to-do list with fun family activities. Turn unpacking groceries or holiday gifts from the car into a bucket brigade that gets everyone moving and involved. You’ll get a hand with the chore and have fun with your kids at the same time!
- Moderation Not Deprivation: Don’t forgo the things you like most about the holidays! Instead of skipping the holiday party buffet altogether, think of it as a “tasting” and sample one small bite of everything! Instead of skipping the big mug of hot cocoa after coming in from the cold, have a smaller cup instead. You’ll get the experience of indulging without breaking the calorie bank. In fact, research shows that whether you prefer something sweet or salty, you shouldn't deprive yourself of the foods you love. 1
- Create Traditions: Create family traditions that get people active and having fun together. After a big family meal, initiate a friendly flag football game instead of TV time. Make it into an annual tradition you can look forward to year after year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV