While 30 per cent of Canadians have already browsed or made purchases via their mobile devices, eBay Canada wants to expose even more Canadian consumers to the ease of mobile shopping. On November 15, eBay Canada will open a three-day pop-up Holiday Market in downtown Toronto that will allow consumers to browse a curated collection of this season's most inspired gift ideas and shop right from their phones or tablets. For a full look at the top gift ideas from eBay, check out eBay.ca/HolidayMarket.
Making their lists and checking them twice On average, Canadians surveyed said they plan to buy gifts for nine people this holiday season, spend $586 on those gifts and spend 11 hours shopping for them. And the hardest person to shop for? Forty-two per cent of respondents said it was their significant other, followed by mom and dad (25 per cent and 24 per cent, respectively) with children coming in at 20 per cent.
"With more than 350 million live listings, eBay has something for everyone," said Stairs. "In fact, there are more than 1.3 million clothing items and more than 1.5 million consumer electronics listed on eBay.ca right now - and the vast majority of them are brand new. Last year alone, 70 per cent of purchases made by Canadians on eBay were for new products, and more than 60 per cent were bought at fixed price."
For on-the-go shopping, Canadians can download eBay Mobile apps for their iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone 7 device. For more information, visit www.ebay.ca.Did you know…? 3
- A doll is purchased every 2.7 minutes
- An action figure is purchased every 1.5 minutes
- A women's handbag is purchased every 3.2 minutes
- A pair of women's shoes is purchased every 2 minutes
- A men's sweater is purchased every 7.3 minutes
- A GPS is purchased every 50 seconds
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV