Technology Helps Canadians Act on their Inspiration and Reduce Stress
TORONTO, Nov. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - Line-ups at the checkout. Parking lot congestion. Never-ending holiday traffic. It's no surprise that Canadians are looking for alternatives to traditional holiday shopping. In fact, this year, almost half of Canadians (45 per cent 1) will shop via mobile or online 2 for part or all of their holiday gift-buying. The reason? Convenience (40 per cent), to avoid in-store hassles (34 per cent), to save time (19 per cent) and to save money (seven per cent).
"Canadians, like shoppers around the world, are increasingly looking to their mobile devices to solve their holiday dilemmas," said eBay Canada Country Manager Andrea Stairs. "In the past two years, we've seen the value of eBay mobile transactions increase from $2 billion to $10 billion globally. Nothing can compare to having the world's largest marketplace at your fingertips! No matter where you are, or what you're doing, you can turn inspiration into delight in seconds on the eBay Mobile app."
Inspired on-the-go shopping While a third (31 per cent) of Canadians surveyed said they tended to shop when inspiration struck, a similar number (27 per cent) said they struggled to remember perfect gift ideas."We've all had the experience of coming up with a great gift idea only to have forgotten it by the time we've arrived at the mall. Now, with eBay Mobile, you can act on your flash of inspiration at any time and from virtually anywhere. Buy your husband a cashmere sweater while watching your son play hockey or nab that hard-to-find toy while in line for coffee - the possibilities are endless," said Stairs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV