- General and administrative expenses during the quarter ended June 30, 2012 included $3.5 million of costs related to the merger with High Sierra.
- NGL recorded a loss of $5.8 million resulting from the accelerated amortization of previously capitalized debt issuance costs upon closing of its new revolving credit facility.
- Declining propane prices during April and May 2012 had an adverse impact on margins of NGL’s wholesale marketing and supply segment, which NGL expects to recover when delivering future volumes. NGL has contracts whereby it has committed to purchase ratable volumes of propane at index prices. NGL seeks to manage the price risk associated with these contracts primarily by selling the inventory not stored immediately after it is received. When NGL sells product, it records the cost of sale at the average cost of all inventory at that location, which may include inventory purchased earlier at higher prices and stored for sale in the future. During periods of falling prices, this results in negative margins on these sales.
NGL Energy Partners LP Announces Second Quarter Results And Filing Of Form 10-Q
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.