Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has been awarded Capacity Media’s prestigious 2012 ‘Best Data Center Offering’ award for its contributions to the use, development and deployment of carrier services in the last year through its International Business Exchange ™ ( IBX ®) data centers. Equinix was presented the award earlier this week at Capacity Europe, the world’s largest European carrier conference.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Capacity service offering awards recognize outstanding service offerings that present innovative business models, successful partnership strategy, excellent customer service and unique vision in the development and use of technology to benefit the wholesale carrier market.
- Although many companies are struggling to meet growing demand in the economic downturn, Equinix has provided the opportunity for businesses to grow through the Equinix Marketplace. This new offering allows companies to connect and promote services to other Equinix customers in Equinix IBX data centers, while leveraging more than 100,000 cross connects to do business globally. Customers and visitors can browse the Equinix Marketplace portal to discover interconnection opportunities with a dense pool of global carriers, as well as utilize search gateways that present results by product, service or location.
- Alex Hawkes , deputy editor, Capacity Media:
“This award pays tribute to Equinix’s truly global presence in the carrier-neutral data centre market. The judging panel were highly impressed by the company’s M&A activity during 2012, including the eye catching takeover of ancotel, as well as the huge market insight it is able to offer its carrier customers. I would like to congratulate Equinix for winning the Capacity award for best data centre provider.”
- Dick Theunissen , chief marketing officer, EMEA for Equinix:
- Request a meeting with Equinix at Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas, NV on December 3-6, 2012
- Download the free Data Center as a Revenue Center whitepaper
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV