November 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
TowerJazz, the global specialty foundry leader, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended
September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Revenues of $154.6 million for the third quarter of 2012 and of $491.2 million in the first nine months of 2012, a 13% increase over revenues of $436.4 million in the same period last year;
- Non-GAAP gross and operating margins at 37% and 26% respectively as compared to 33% and 22% in the third quarter of 2011, respectively;
- Non-GAAP net profit of $32 million and net margin of 20% as compared to $32 million and 18% net margin in the third quarter of 2011;
- EBITDA of $40 million, higher than the $39 million as of the third quarter of 2011 which excludes the one-time gain from the sale of HHNEC holdings;
- End of quarter cash balance of $161 million as compared to $101 million as of December 31, 2011;
- Completed a previously announced efficiency and cost reduction plan in the Japanese facility resulting in $30 million of savings on an annual basis;
- Engaged during the third quarter of 2012 with Vishay-Siliconix for high volume production commitment at the Company's fabs in Israel and Japan through 2018.
"Our third quarter results came in line with our expectations and guidance," commented
, Chief Executive Officer of TowerJazz. "The company continues to execute on its operational and strategic plans. In this past quarter, we announced the largest single customer manufacturing engagement in the company history, which includes advanced flows in the Nishiwaki,
factory, increased activities in both Migdal Haemek factories and the operation of a jointly built epitaxial center for super junction families. These engagements with Vishay Siliconix are multi-year through 2018. We have continued to make strong progress in growing markets such as Front End Module for mobile communication, power management and high-end image sensors. This is evidenced in the record number of new masks that have entered our factories, this being the last step leading to production revenue ramp. We have done this whilst making the company more efficient as evidenced in our EBITDA performance."
Ellwanger further commented: "Additionally, we are in the final stages of signing a unique contract in
, which we believe will be a significant model for multiple Japanese Integrated Device Makers, and as well we are in advanced stages of an enabling agreement for one of our strong strategic initiatives. We look forward to this evening's call and giving added flavor to the key activities of the last months."
Third quarter 2012 results summary