Separate from Obamaphobia are fears are regarding the fiscal cliff. A separate group of financial services executives--many of whom also suffer from Obamaphobia--believes politicians are idiots who have no idea how markets work and turn everything they touch into lead. Thus they look ahead at the looming "fiscal cliff," and think that Congress may very well be idiotic enough to send us plunging off it. But where were these people before the election, Russo wants to know.
"The fear about gridlock in Washington and all of the things that now seem to be pressing investors' attention were all in the market before. I personally think its a bit remarkable that the market has seemingly focused on the post-election time as something different than they would have expected."
Russo has been adding to shares of Wells Fargo, shares of which comprise about 5% of the funds he manages, as the stock has cheapened in recent days.
He may have to stand another few days of losses, but it seems difficult to believe he won't be rewarded in fairly short order for standing firm amid the wave of post-election negativity among investors in bank stocks.-- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow @dan_freed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV