China is among the fast-growing emerging markets for medical devices, with high unmet needs in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases, including arthritis. Primarily associated with the elderly, arthritis is on the rise as China's population ages. According to recently released statistics by the China National Committee on Aging, the number of Chinese senior citizens is expected to increase from the current 185 million to 487 million, or 35 percent of the population, by 2053.
This joint effort by Zimmer and the BJDA to hold training sessions lays the groundwork for additional opportunities to share knowledge in the near future. This collaboration will further enhance the safety and effectiveness of medical devices, provide musculoskeletal health solutions and improve the quality of life for patients in China.
About the CompanyFounded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, Zimmer designs, develops, manufactures and markets orthopaedic reconstructive, spinal and trauma devices, dental implants, and related surgical products. Zimmer has operations in more than 25 countries around the world and sells products in more than 100 countries. Zimmer's 2011 sales were approximately $4.5 billion. The Company is supported by the efforts of more than 9,000 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit our website at www.zimmer.com.SOURCE Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV