BEAVERTON, Ore., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Beaverton Toyota today presented a Sienna Mobility Van to Edwards Center, Inc. – a local nonprofit organization that is dedicated to giving people with disabilities the support they need to live and work in non-institutionalized settings – as part of the Toyota 100 Cars for Good program, a major philanthropic initiative in which the automaker is giving away 100 cars to 100 nonprofits over the course of 100 days, based on votes from the public. 100 Cars for Good is the first Toyota initiative that engages the public to determine how corporate philanthropic donations will be awarded.
During the voting phase, which began May 14, 2012, the 100 Cars for Good program profiles five finalists at www.100carsforgood.com. Individual members of the public are able to vote for which nonprofit they believe can do the most good with a new vehicle. The nonprofit with the most votes at the end of each day wins one of six Toyota models. Runners-up will each receive a $1,000 cash grant from Toyota.
"Beaverton Toyota has been proud to be a part of the Beaverton community for nearly 40 years," said Russ Humberston Jr., General Manager & Dealer of Beverton Toyota. "Throughout that time, we've supported the community in many ways, and we are delighted to be a part of the 100 Cars for Good program, and applaud the incredible work that the Edwards Center provides to our community."
Founded in 1972, the Edwards Center is one of the nation's first non-profit organizations dedicated to the independence and dignity of people with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, epilepsy and other debilitating conditions. The unwavering mission of Edwards is to give people with disabilities the chance to live and work as most other Americans do—in non-institutionalized settings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV