SAO PAULO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based on the number of customers, announces today its results for the third quarter 2012 (3Q12).
In 3Q12, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.7 billion, a 4.6% growth compared to 3Q11. Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 2.0 billion grew 2.3% over 3Q11. EBIT grew 11.7%, from R$ 646.0 million in 3Q11 to R$ 721.8 million in 3Q12. EBITDA increased 10.8%, from R$ 814.2 million in 3Q11 to R$ 902.0 million in 3Q12. The EBITDA margin was 33.3% in 3Q12 in comparison to 31.4% in the same period of the previous year. Excluding construction revenues and construction costs, the EBITDA margin was 42.4% in 3Q12 (41.6% in 3Q11).
Gross operating revenue from water supply and sewage collection grew from R$ 2.1 billion in 3Q11 to R$ 2.3 million in 3Q12, an increase of R$ 194.8 million or 9.4%. The main factors for this result were the tariff adjustment of 6.83% in 2011 and the increase of 3.2% in total billed volume.
The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.brConference call – November 21, 2012 in English 11:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp in Portuguese 8:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 55 (11) 3127-4971Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( email@example.com) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV