SINGAPORE, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and SilkAir have finalized an order for 54 Next-Generation 737s and 737 MAX 8s worth $4.9 billion at list prices. With this agreement, the 737 MAX has accumulated 969 orders to date.
SilkAir's order for 23 737-800s and 31 737 MAX 8s is the largest order in the airline's history and begins a fleet transition to Boeing airplanes.
"The capability of the 737s will enable us to spread our wings to even more destinations and increase capacity on existing routes," said SilkAir Chief Executive Leslie Thng.
The Next-Generation 737 and 737 MAX can fly farther than competing airplanes, enabling airlines to open new routes."As air travel in the Asia Pacific region continues to grow, we're proud to support SilkAir as it plans to fly more passengers and serve more cities," said Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president of Asia Pacific and India Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "Passengers will soon experience not only SilkAir's award-winning service, but the comfort of the 737 Boeing Sky Interior." Both the Next-Generation 737 and 737 MAX feature the Boeing Sky Interior, which highlights new modern sculpted sidewalls and window reveals, LED lighting that enhances the sense of spaciousness and larger pivoting overhead stowage bins. The 737 MAX is a new-engine variant of the world's best-selling airplane and builds on the strengths of today's Next-Generation 737. The 737 MAX incorporates the latest-technology CFM International LEAP-1B engines to deliver the highest efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort in the single-aisle market. Airlines operating the 737 MAX will see a 13 percent fuel-use improvement over today's most fuel-efficient single-aisle airplanes and an 8 percent operating cost per seat advantage over tomorrow's competition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV