SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek Business Technology Network was honored with a total of eight prestigious Min Editorial and Design Awards today. The award competition celebrates and recognizes excellence in editorial content and design. The recognition for InformationWeek, Advanced Trading, BYTE, Insurance & Technology and Network Computing amplify each brand's expertise and creativity in storytelling, news reporting, content packaging, and overall thought leadership.
"We're humbled by the eight awards we received for the InformationWeek family of products. It is unprecedented in our history and is a testament to the unbelievably hard work that our entire editorial team puts into understanding the needs of our readers, the notion of story idea creation, and the craft the editorial team puts into the final product," said Fritz Nelson, SVP and Editorial Director of the InformationWeek Business Technology Network. "We are honored every day by the readers who keep coming back to our sites, events and magazines, but this third party recognition is validation of our commitment to excellence. I'm thrilled for our entire team."
InformationWeek Business Technology Network's eight editorial and design excellence awards in the B2B category include:
- Single Article – InformationWeek for " GM's U-Turn," an exclusive story on GM's plans to reverse its dependence on IT outsourcing and hire thousands of IT professionals
- Editorial Series – InformationWeek for " Does the Cloud Pay Off?, " an in-depth analytical series on cloud computing services
- Cover Illustration – InformationWeek for " From CRM to Social," a compelling illustration on InformationWeek Magazine's February 27 print cover setting up a story on the challenges of integrating customer relationship management and social networking systems
- Special Section/Microsite – Advanced Trading for " Take a Tour of Bloomberg Tradebook's Trading Floor in Manhattan , " an image-driven tour of the financial company's trading floor
- Single Article – Advanced Trading for " What Went Wrong with J.P. Morgan's $2 Billion Hedge?, " a breakdown of what went wrong with the global financial institution's massive hedging loss
- Online Column – BYTE for " Why I Don't Have a Facebook Page," a column by Bob Guccione Jr. on why he values his privacy enough not to be on Facebook
- Opinion/Commentary – Insurance & Technology for " Why Is IT So Hard?, " an honest look at why IT doesn't have to be as difficult as it often is
- Slideshow – Network Computing for " A Brief Introduction to OpenFlow ," introducing IT architects to the next-generation OpenFlow open networking standard
- Digital Magazine Edition – Bank Systems & Technology for " Dominating a Post-Channel World"
- Repackaging of Archived Content – BYTE for " System Description: The Apple II"
- Feature Article (Online) – BYTE for " How the SF Giants Perfected BYOD and Their Game"
- Digital Magazine Edition – Dark Reading for " Diary Of A Security Breach"
- Digital Magazine Edition – Insurance & Technology for " Distribution Renaissance"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV