Newman Ferrara LLP Announces Investigation Of Teavana Holdings, Inc.
Newman Ferrara LLP is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Teavana Holdings, Inc. (“Teavana”) (NYSE: TEA) concerning the proposed acquisition of Teavana by Starbucks Corporation (“Starbucks”) (Nasdaq: SBUX).
On November 14, 2012, Teavana announced that it had entered into an agreement to be acquired by Starbucks in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $620 million. Under the terms of the agreement, Teavana’s shareholders will receive $15.50 in cash for each share of Teavana stock owned. However, Teavana stock traded at $17.78 per share as recently as May 29, 2012 and traded at a 52-week high of $26.03 per share. Analysts have set a target price for Teavana as high as $24.00 per share.
Teavana’s Board of Directors has unanimously approved the proposed deal which is expected to close by the end of this year. Teavana’s Chief Executive Officer Andrew Mack has already agreed to pledge his 70% stock ownership in Teavana in support of the proposed deal’s completion.
Newman Ferrara LLP’s investigation concerns whether Teavana’s Board of Directors has breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Teavana’s shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Teavana’s shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Teavana common stock.Concerned investors are encouraged to contact Newman Ferrara attorney Roy Shimon at (212) 619-5400 or email@example.com to discuss this investigation, their rights, or potential remedies. Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV