Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Bank of America Corporation (BAC) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Bank of America Corporation fell 34 cents (-3.6%) to $8.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 195.8 million shares of Bank of America Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 149.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.95-$9.42 after having opened the day at $9.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.33. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Broadway Financial (BYFC), down 12%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio (VBFC), down 10.7%, Asset Acceptance Capital Corporation (AACC), down 10.7%, and Triangle Capital (TCAP), down 10.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Bank of America Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BAC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV