Schools And Universities To Continue Investment In New & Retrofit Green Building At High Levels, According To New McGraw-Hill Construction Study
NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new study by McGraw-Hill Construction, both K-12 and universities plan to continue investments in green schools, citing financial and social benefits.
The New & Retrofit Green Schools study shows social benefits, such as improved health and productivity, are critical drivers for the education sector and equally as important as financial drivers.
"Over 75 percent of respondents consider improving indoor air quality and enhancing health and well being as key drivers, which is nearly the same percentage that cite financial benefits, such as lower operating costs and reduced energy use," said Harvey Bernstein, vice president, Industry Insights and Alliances for McGraw-Hill Construction. "In the K-12 sector, social factors are particularly prominent, with over 75% of respondents also citing increased student performance as an important element of their decision to build green. Aside from the real benefits to our young people in their development, this is also particularly important at driving future green building growth, as our next generation of construction industry professionals learn practices that will become embedded into the design and construction of all buildings in the future."
Additional social benefits of green building cited by respondents include:
- Improved test scores, reported by 70 percent of K-12 respondents;
- Increased enrollment, reported by 39 percent of higher education respondents;
- Increased reputation, reported by 65 percent of higher education;
- Positive impact on student health and well-being, reported by all K-12 respondents and 90 percent of higher education respondents
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV