- KBR Building Group, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is a diversified construction services company serving industrial, commercial, healthcare and institutional clients in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions of the United States. Known for its outstanding safety record, KBR Building Group is the exclusive commercial construction arm of parent company KBR.
- KBR Building Group has solid experience in building aviation/aerospace facilities nationally.
- Regionally, the company has been recognized as Southeast Contractor of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR). In the Southeast, KBR Building Group ranks No. 1 among Top Contractors and Construction Managers, and is among the Top 5 Green Builders, according to the latest annual survey published by Engineering News-Record (ENR). Nationally, KBR consistently ranks high among U.S.-based construction firms, appearing on ENR’s lists of Top 100 Construction Management Firms and Top 100 Design Builders.
- According to Honda Aircraft Company, the teams of KBR Building Group and The Daniele Company team were selected to construct the new MRO based on their aviation construction experience, strong diversity plan and objectives, diverse and experienced project team, the competitiveness of the bid, and other internal criteria.
- “We are extremely proud to have The Daniele Company as our collaborative partner on the Honda MRO Project,” said Garland Burton, KBR Building Group’s Director / Community Affairs and Diversity. “Our vision, team chemistry, and goals are very similar. As an emerging construction management firm in North Carolina (and one of the few owned by a woman or minority), Gloria Shealey realized early on that building a staff experienced in a wide variety of project types was critical to her firm’s sustainability and growth. Likewise, KBR Building Group has long recognized the value of collaboration as a mechanism by which smaller local firms gain access to larger, more complex project assignments.” Burton went on to say, “Through new experiential opportunities made available on increasingly complex projects, KBR seeks to expand the capabilities and foster the long-term viability of small, local, and minority businesses. This, in turn, fosters job creation, creates future service providers in the local market, and expands contributors to regional and U.S. GDP.”
- In 2011, KBR Building Group completed construction of the award-winning, state-of-the-art production facility for Honda Aircraft Company, located at the same site as the MRO currently under construction, in Greensboro, North Carolina. The 260,000-square-foot HondaJet facility was a finalist for 2011 Project of the Year in the prestigious awards program sponsored by the Associated Builders and Contractors of the Carolinas.
- More about the MRO — The MRO will include a 24/7 support center to facilitate maintenance for up to 12 aircraft simultaneously. There will be back shops for composite and sheet metal structures, avionics and interiors, and a customer area with a large pilot’s lounge, individual work rooms with conference space, and a flight planning room conveniently situated near the aircraft ramp side entrance. The MRO will house the Product Support Group whose role is to support the customer and aircraft after delivery, and administer HondaJet Warranty and Service Plans. The MRO will have a 4,000-square-foot environmentally controlled spare parts warehouse.
- The architect of record for the MRO is Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon, Inc.
KBR Building Group To Construct New Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Facility For Honda Aircraft Company In Greensboro, N.C.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts