- Investors continue to seek out higher-risk segments of the bond market. The multi-sector bond, bank loan, emerging-markets bond, nontraditional bond, world bond, and high-yield bond categories each saw inflows of more than $1.0 billion.
- PIMCO topped all firms with inflows of $8.1 billion in October, led by PIMCO Total Return Bond which took in $2.4 billion alone.
- DoubleLine Total Return took in $1.9 billion during the month and $17.9 billion year to date, making it the most popular mutual fund so far this year.
- Alternative funds have had the fastest organic growth rate of any asset class in 2012, collecting $12.4 billion in year-to-date inflows.
Morningstar Reports U.S. Mutual Fund Asset Flows Through October 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.