FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE MKT: FSI, FRANKFURT: FXT), is the developer and manufacturer of biodegradable polymers for oil extraction, detergent ingredients and water treatment as well as crop nutrient availability chemistry. Flexible Solutions also manufactures biodegradable and environmentally safe water and energy conservation technologies. Today the Company announces financial results for the Third Quarter (Q3) ended Sept. 30, 2012.
Mr. Daniel B. O’Brien, CEO, states, “Considering the performance of the global economy we are pleased with our financial progress. Much of Europe is in, or close to, recession and the United States is experiencing sluggish growth yet, so far this year, Flexible Solutions’ revenue remains positive.”
- Sales in the third quarter (Q3), were $3,598,032, down 7% when compared to sales of $3,861,195, in the corresponding period a year ago. The result was a GAAP accounting net loss of $458,085, or $0.03 per basic weighted average shares for Q3, 2012, compared with a net loss of $92,293, or $0.01 per basic weighted average share, in Q3, 2011.
- Basic weighted average shares used in computing per share amounts in Q3 were 13,169,991 for 2012 and 13,169,991 for 2011. Note: a share buy back of 792,576 shares in Q1, 2011 is the reason for the reduction of shares outstanding during 2011.
- Non-GAAP operating cash flow: For the 9 months ending Sept. 30, 2012, net income reflects $1,017,770 of non-cash charges (depreciation and stock option expenses), as well as interest income ($759), gain on sale of equipment ($2,217) and net income tax expense of $851,468. These items are either non-cash items or items not related to operations or current operating activities. When these items are removed, the Company shows operating cash flow of $1,164,841, or $0.09 per weighted average share. This compares with operating cash flow of $1,673,240, or $0.13 per share, in the corresponding 9 months of 2011 (see the table that follows for details of these calculations).
The NanoChem division continues to contribute most to our sales and cash flow and, new opportunities are unfolding to further increase sales in this division. In the future, first half sales may be larger than second half. This is due to predicted growth in agricultural product sales, sales which tend to be stronger during the first half of each year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts