Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), the world’s highest attended motion picture exhibitor, announced the launching of CineMode, a new courtesy component located inside Cinemark’s app. CineMode is an exclusive and interactive way to earn Cinemark rewards while being courteous during the show. It was designed to address texting and other cell phone distractions from occurring while customers enjoy the entertainment experience in Cinemark’s auditoriums across the country.
CineMode (Photo: Business Wire)
Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new CineMode program functions inside the Cinemark app and can be easily launched in the following way:
- Download the Cinemark app. App is available for both the iPhone and Google Android phone.
- Start: Start CineMode when you are prompted. A message appears on the auditorium screen right before the movie begins. When CineMode is started the bright screen on the smart phone will dim automatically and customers will be asked to set the phone’s volume to vibrate.
- Stay: Stay in CineMode for the duration of the movie.
- Earn: When the movie ends and the guest exits CineMode, Cinemark will automatically send a reward (digital coupon) through the app and store it in the Rewards section.
- Customers can earn rewards every time they see a movie at Cinemark.
“At Cinemark, our number one priority is the comfort of our guests,” states James Meredith, Cinemark’s Vice President of Marketing & Communications. “It is important to develop tools that maximize and preserve the movie-going experience. For a while, our customers have asked us to design an alternative and creative solution that addresses texting and cell phone issues in our auditoriums. Now, through the Cinemark app, CineMode targets these courtesy issues through the very same devices that are causing the problems. Additionally, now our guests have the ability to earn rewards that can be used during their next visit to Cinemark.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts