Michigan Jobless Rate Drops 0.2 Points To 9.1 Pct.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Authorities say Michigan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell 0.2 percentage points in the latest month to 9.1 percent.
The Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget released the October jobless figures Wednesday. The nation's October unemployment rate was 7.9 percent, up from 7.8 percent in September.
The department says Michigan's workforce reached a 2012 high of 4.67 million in October.
The state's jobless has fallen 0.8 percentage points over 12 months from an October 2011 level of 9.9 percent. The rate rose in four straight months from April's 8.3 percent to August's 9.4 percent, before edging down to 9.3 percent in September.Michigan says total employment in the state rose by a seasonally adjusted 13,000 in October to 4.25 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV