This company develops, manufactures and markets composites, including carbon fibers, reinforcements, prepregs, honeycomb, adhesives and composite structures, for use in Commercial Aerospace, Space, Defense and Industrial applications. This stock is trading up 5.2% at $25.66 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.66 millionAverage Volume: 769,071 Volume % Change: 231% Shares of HXL are trending up today after The Daily Mail reported that BAE Systems may look to acquire Hexcel, despite rumors and speculation that it would become a takeover target itself. From a technical perspective, HXL is ripping higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $24.57 and back above its 200-day moving average of $24.88 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing HXL within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once HXL manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $26.45 to $26.76 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in HXL as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $24.88, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 769,071 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for HXL to set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $28.01. Keep in mind that if HXL clears $28.01 then the stock would enter new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV