FAYETTEVILLE, N.C., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless announced today customers in and around Fayetteville and Lumberton will have access to its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network in more places when the company expands its coverage area on Nov. 15. The planned expansion will offer more than 60,000 additional customers access to the high-speed wireless network to download books, music and apps in seconds and full-length feature movies in minutes in Columbus, Hoke and Robeson counties.
Verizon first made 4G LTE available in Fayetteville and Lumberton in May 2011. Coverage at that time extended to Aberdeen, Eastover, Fort Bragg, Hope Mills, Lumber Bridge, Pinehurst, Pope Air Force Base, Raeford, Red Springs, Rockfish, Southern Pines, Spring Lake, St. Pauls, Vander and Wade.
"Our 4G LTE network in and around Fayetteville provides speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G for surfing the Web, downloading files, streaming music and video, and staying in touch with family and friends," said Jerry Fountain, president for Verizon Wireless' Carolinas/Tenneessee region. "We understand that the way people communicate and do business is constantly evolving, and we're committed to offering innovative solutions for wireless communication to local businesses, schools, members of the military and families."
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network covers roughly 4 out of 5 people in the U.S.—more 4G LTE coverage than all other networks combined. In North Carolina, the company currently offers 4G LTE to 87 percent of the population, with coverage in the following markets and many of the surrounding areas:
- High Point
- Morehead City
- New Bern
- Roanoke Rapids
- Rocky Mount
- Winston Salem
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV