- Informing residents about their electricity usage caused them to use less electricity. Residents saw decreases between one and 32 percent in electricity used over the last year as compared to the previous year. The results varied from one home to the next depending on services provided and the residents’ engagement with the technologies installed in their homes.
- Residents consistently utilized the Reliant e-Sense® Home Energy Monitor. By being able to regularly see how much electricity their homes were using in real time, residents could see when their electricity usage peaked and make instant decisions to affect their usage.
- Installing solar panels has allowed one resident the ability to create electricity, not just use it. The home of Innovation Avenue residents Scott and Carol Beck was outfitted with Reliant Solar Solutions, a residential solar panel leasing program. In one year, the solar panels generated 2,927 kWh, saving Scott and Carol 15 percent on their electricity usage.
Living Laboratory One Year Results: Homes Averaged 16 Percent Reduction In Electricity Usage With Highest Reduction At 32 Percent
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts