Iamgold Falls As 3Q Results Miss Street's View
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Iamgold's stock plunged on Wednesday as the gold mining company's third-quarter results missed Wall Street's expectations.
THE SPARK: Iamgold reported on Tuesday that its quarterly net income rose 56 percent to $78 million, or 21 cents per basic share, from $50 million, or 13 cents per basic share, a year earlier. Adjusted earnings were 16 cents per basic share.
Revenue for the three months ended Sept. 30 dropped 10 percent to $386.8 million from $431.9 million.
Analysts polled by FactSet expected higher earnings of 24 cents per share on revenue of $420 million.THE ANALYSIS: Macquarie Equities Research's Tony Lesiak cut Iamgold's rating to "Neutral" from "Outperform" and trimmed its price target to $17.50 Canadian dollars ($17.46) from $19 Canadian dollars ($18.95). Lesiak said in a client note that Iamgold's adjusted earnings missed his forecast of 23 cents per share and that gold production was lower than expected. SHARE ACTION: Shares of Iamgold Corp. tumbled $2.46, or 16.6 percent, to $12.40 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded in a 52-week range of $9.20 to $21.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV