SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ACCELERATING INNOVATION SUMMIT -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today introduced Syncro, a new and innovative storage architecture designed to deliver unprecedented storage sharing and scaling capabilities for multi-server solutions. The Syncro architecture takes direct-attached storage (DAS) out of the box and builds advanced storage-sharing capabilities on top of industry-proven MegaRAID technology, enabling business benefits including reduced cost, power and failure rates, while improving storage utilization and application uptime.
Today's datacenter architects and managers face enormous challenges managing massive data growth, increased cost and power consumption, while grappling with issues including reliability, downtime and data loss. By bridging the gap between DAS single-server storage and traditional external storage with a new storage architecture that brings sharing and scaling capabilities to multi-server environments, the Syncro architecture intelligently solves these challenges.
The Syncro architecture offers benefits for a range of next-generation datacenter environments including SME, enterprise, mega-datacenter and cloud. The Syncro architecture will extend to Syncro CS and Syncro MX product families.Syncro CS:
- Delivers enterprise capabilities and redundant, shared-node storage to DAS environments, offering solutions that are simple, easy to manage and cost-effective.
- Provide SMEs and remote, departmental and branch offices with increased application availability and uptime without the complexity and costs of traditional high-availability storage solutions.
- Targets large cloud and mega-datacenters with server solutions focused on reducing costs and increasing reliability.
- Simplifies datacenter management by reducing complexity and storage rebuilds
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts