Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors shouldn't chase shares of Cisco (CSCO) higher. That was Jim Cramer's advice to Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday as he responded to Cisco's positive quarterly results.
Cramer said that five of the analysts that cover Cisco were expecting the company to meet their earnings but then guide lower, but that didn't happen, he said, which is why shares are rallying. Cisco cited strong telecom spending and noted that fears of competition were overblown.
That said, Cramer noted that Cisco is still a company that could be hurt by the U.S. fiscal cliff and therefore would not chase the stock higher from these levels. He said there's a lot to like about Cisco, including the more humble CEO John Chambers. However when it comes to Washington, no one can foresee events there, which is why investors need to remain cautious.Watch the full Cramer interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV