JACKSON, Miss., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Nissan Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant donated $20,000 and vehicle support to a local faith-based effort to provide relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Nissan representatives presented the donation to Rev. Jerry Young at New Hope Baptist Church during a special ceremony at the church.
In addition to financial support, Nissan employees have volunteered their time to pick up donations throughout Metro Jackson, including clothing and other items, using vans and trucks manufactured at the Nissan plant.
This event comes on the heels of Nissan's recent announcement that it will provide employee discounts and special financing to anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy in FEMA designated areas now until Jan. 2, 2013. Nissan also is offering payment extensions to eligible customers.Dan Bednarzyk, vice president and plant manager at Nissan Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant, said this is simply what neighbors do when someone is in need. "In 2005 right after Hurricane Katrina, communities throughout the country sent relief to the Mississippi Gulf in a tremendous demonstration of love and support," he said. "This is simply our chance, working with our local churches, to return the favor." Rev. Young, the pastor of New Hope Baptist for nearly 32 years, said that he was moved by Nissan's support. "Hurricane Sandy was a terrible tragedy for millions of Americans along our nation's Eastern shore," said Rev. Young. "We wanted to do anything we could to lend a hand during this time of need, and we appreciate Nissan not just for providing funding, but also for the support given by their employees who volunteered to pick up donations. This is what it looks like when neighbors support one another."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV