- First-Lien Principal Forgiveness - 30,000 customers were approved or had completed first-lien modifications providing $4.75 billion in principal reduction. Additionally, $230 million in pre-settlement forbearance has now been completely forgiven.
- Home Equity Relief - Nearly 45,000 customers had received a qualifying modification or complete extinguishment of a home equity loan or line of credit, totaling $2.5 billion in relief.
- Other Programs - More than 62,000 customers have completed qualifying short sales or deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, providing a total of $7.4 billion in relief from unpaid principal balances on the loans. In addition, the bank provided an additional $617 million combined in enhanced relocation assistance and pre-settlement deficiency waivers.
- Interest Rate Relief – In implementing the settlement programs, Bank of America’s priority was to establish traction with first-lien and home equity forgiveness programs to assist customers at greatest risk of foreclosure. With momentum now built in these programs, the bank is quickly ramping up activity on its interest rate reduction program for borrowers who are making on-time payments but have limited or no equity in their homes. As of October 31, 23,000 homeowners – more than half of the bank’s estimated eligible population - have been offered this assistance. The majority of this activity has occurred since the end of September and, as a result, will be reflected in completed rate reductions in future quarterly reports. Through September 30, approximately 1,000 rate reductions were completed, providing interest rate relief on loans representing nearly $250 million in unpaid balances.
$15.8 Billion In Mortgage Relief To 164,000 Bank Of America Customers Delivered Through National Mortgage Settlement
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.