What if they're not just waiting for the right moment to lay the breaking news on us and set off the strongest Santa Claus rally we have seen on the stock market in ages?
That's a concern.
However, as I watch a stock like Apple (AAPL) trade -- settling, as much as AAPL ever settles, in the low $540s -- all I can think is breakout.
Parabolic runs.There's not a politician in the world who wants to deal with the fallout from doing nothing this time around. Watch the news, man. They're setting up a compromise. You can hear it in the voices of our "leaders." For once, the status quo will bring change. I'm long. I'm not selling. And I might buy more ahead of the abrupt plot twist. At the time of publication the author is long AAPL. Follow @rocco_thestreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV