Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the achievement of several key milestones during its initial year in the global data storage solutions market, including Red Hat Storage product capabilities, routes-to-market, and open source community involvement. This momentum allows Red Hat Storage solutions to address the growing demand for cost-effective and scalable storage that help enterprises manage the exploding volume of unstructured data.
Only months after entering the storage market in the fall of 2011 with the acquisition of Gluster, Inc., Red Hat delivered the Red Hat Storage appliance based on GlusterFS community technology. In June 2012, Red Hat Storage Server 2.0 became available worldwide, providing enterprise customers with open, unified scale-out storage software.
“We are proud to articulate the significant developments in our storage strategy and technologies in response to the interest in software-only scale out storage solutions from enterprise CIOs around the world,” said Sarangan Rangachari, vice president and general manager, Storage Business Unit, Red Hat. “Red Hat Storage servers transform the enterprise and cloud storage market by combining community-powered innovation with the volume economics of industry-standard x86 servers across on-premise, private cloud or open hybrid cloud environments.”
The following are Red Hat Storage achievement highlights to date.
- Product: Since its general availability in June 2012, Red Hat Storage Servers 2.0 are deployed by more than 100 enterprises around the world, in both production and proof-of-concept deployments. Now integrated with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (in beta), Red Hat Storage provides customers with the fundamental building blocks to create storage for open hybrid clouds. Red Hat Storage also has a new management console (in technology preview) that provides customers with fine-grain control of their unified scale-out storage pool through a single pane of glass.
- Channel Enablement: In the last several months, Red Hat Storage routes-to-market greatly expanded with 30+ new enterprise ISVs/resellers in authorization process to broaden the reach to enterprises worldwide.
- Community: The Gluster Community has grown to enjoy 50,000+ monthly visitors, 160 percent growth in community participation since Nov. 2011, 160,000+ GlusterFS downloads while expanding into more countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV