3. As of noon trading, Red Hat ( RHT) is up $0.75 (1.6%) to $48.16 on light volume Thus far, 497,942 shares of Red Hat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.81-$48.44 after having opened the day at $47.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.41. Red Hat, Inc. provides open source software solutions to enterprise customers worldwide. The company also offers enterprise-ready open source operating system platforms. Red Hat has a market cap of $9.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 63.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Red Hat a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Red Hat as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Red Hat Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts