WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) announced that the Reynolds American Foundation will donate $140,000 to the American Red Cross to help provide relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy that hit the east coast of the United States.
Recovery efforts continue in the areas affected by the storm and all seven chapters of the Heart of Carolina Region of the Red Cross in North Carolina have been busy helping deploy more volunteers to the impacted areas, as well as asking for financial support for the relief effort.
"Our thoughts are with the folks who are having to endure such hardships as a result of the devastating storm," said John S. (Tripp) Wilson, president of the Reynolds American Foundation. "Our hope is that this donation will support continued relief efforts for the people and communities affected by Hurricane Sandy."
The Reynolds American Foundation is a non-profit corporation, established as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt private foundation, that administers certain charitable and educational giving programs on behalf of Reynolds American Inc., its operating companies and their employees.Web Disclosure
RAI's website, www.reynoldsamerican.com, is the primary source of publicly disclosed news about RAI and its operating companies. We use the website as our primary means of distributing quarterly earnings and other company news. We encourage investors and others to register at www.reynoldsamerican.com to receive alerts when news about the company has been posted. ABOUT US Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; and Niconovum AB.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. The company's brands include many of the best-selling cigarettes in the U.S.: Camel, Pall Mall, Winston, Kool, Doral and Salem.
- American Snuff Company, LLC is the nation's second-largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak.
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc. manufactures Natural American Spirit cigarettes and other additive-free tobacco products.
- Niconovum AB markets innovative nicotine replacement therapy products in Sweden under the Zonnic brand name.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV