BOSTON, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, today announced it ranked No. 51 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. Carbonite grew 2,709 percent during this period.
"Carbonite has been a pioneer in the cloud backup market for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, and our expertise and strong product line have driven our significant growth since we launched in 2005," said David Friend, Chairman and CEO, Carbonite. "We are proud to be recognized among so many impressive companies and remain committed to delivering easy-to-use, affordable and secure cloud solutions with innovative features and functionality."
Since 2011, Carbonite has increased its offerings to add new markets and platforms and achieved milestones in its award-winning service, including:
- SMB: In June 2011, Carbonite launched Carbonite Business, which offers two affordable, easy-to-use solutions tailored to meet the backup needs of small and medium sized businesses.
- Server and database backup: In November 2012, Carbonite acquired Zmanda, Inc., a leading provider of cloud backup solutions for databases, servers, file systems, virtual machines and applications.
- Mobile: In September 2012, Carbonite extended its backup expertise to the mobile platform with the launch of its new Carbonite Mobile app, which backs up mobile photos and videos, and offers device protection features.
- Channel/Reseller: In June 2012, Carbonite launched a new reseller program designed to help its online backup resellers grow their businesses by offering a broader range of backup plans and new account management tools.
- Onshored Customer Support: Carbonite has completely repatriated its customer support operations to the US, creating more than 200 new jobs in New England.