CHICAGO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BMO Harris Bank, in partnership with the Ende, Menzer, Walsh & Quinn Retirees', Widows' & Children's Assistance Fund and Chicago Firefighters Union Local 2, today announced the establishment of a memorial fund to benefit the family of Walter Patmon, who died in the line of duty over the past weekend.
"This tragic event - the second in the past two weeks - reminds us of the risks and sacrifices made by firefighters each and every day," said Judy Rice, Senior Vice President and Head of Community Affairs and Government Relations, BMO Harris Bank. "My colleagues and I are proud to open a bank account in Walter Patmon's honor, and we encourage people to visit a local branch and make a donation. We are also working on making an initial donation to the fund."
"The City of Chicago lost a very dedicated and well-liked member of the department. The City again comes together to honor a true public servant, and to be there for his family, and for this, the entire Chicago Fire Department family is again grateful," said Tony Martin, Lieutenant, Chicago Fire Department. "We're also grateful to BMO Harris Bank for their concern and kindness in remembering Chicago's first responders by establishing this memorial fund in Walter's name and by their pending financial contribution to Walter's memorial fund."
All BMO Harris locations are currently accepting cash or check donations from customers or the general public, with donations going towards supporting Walter's family. Checks can be made payable to the Walter Patmon Memorial Fund. The account number for the fund is 4811970829.Donations can also be made online at www.widowsandchildren.org. Donation acknowledgement forms will be generated for all contributions of $250 or more in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service guidelines. Individuals needing tax receipts will be required to use a check. Donations can also be made via mail to:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV