PHOENIX, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a contract modification from the U.S. Air Force to provide depot maintenance support for the F-15's secondary power system (SPS). Work will be performed under Public-Private Partnership (P 3) with the Hill Air Force Base Depot Workforce in Utah through January 2020.
Installed on every F-15 worldwide, the SPS provides two main functions: power for engine starting and power to aircraft accessories once the engines are self-sustaining. The SPS consists of the Jet Fuel Starter (JFS), two hydraulic accumulators, a central gearbox (CGB) and left/right Airframe Mounted Accessory Drives (AMADs).
F-15 Program BenefitsHoneywell's logistics support introduces commercial repair practices at the depot to help reduce repair costs and improve depot productivity on the SPS. Honeywell's performance-based logistics (PBL) programs have historically shown significant reduction in repair costs for both commercial and military systems, enabling:
- Improved availability and reliability
- Lower maintenance cost
- Lower inventory
- Improved first-pass yield (acceptance test rate) of repaired units
- Improved OEM technical support at the depot via on-site Field Service Engineering
- Development of new repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices
- Improved organic depot repair capability using industry-leading Lean processes to reduce inventory and improve repair turnaround
- Increased system and component time-on-wing, enabling improved overall platform availability
- Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace "We're focused on ensuring the ongoing operational readiness of the Air Force F-15 fleet. This contract will enable a higher level of performance, reliability and logistics support for this vital aircraft fleet serving American and foreign militaries around the world."
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV