Nov. 14, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a contract modification from the U.S. Air Force to provide depot maintenance support for the F-15's secondary power system (SPS). Work will be performed under Public-Private Partnership (P
) with the Hill Air Force Base Depot Workforce in
Installed on every F-15 worldwide, the SPS provides two main functions: power for engine starting and power to aircraft accessories once the engines are self-sustaining. The SPS consists of the Jet Fuel Starter (JFS), two hydraulic accumulators, a central gearbox (CGB) and left/right Airframe Mounted Accessory Drives (AMADs).
F-15 Program Benefits
Honeywell's logistics support introduces commercial repair practices at the depot to help reduce repair costs and improve depot productivity on the SPS. Honeywell's performance-based logistics (PBL) programs have historically shown significant reduction in repair costs for both commercial and military systems, enabling:
- Improved availability and reliability
- Lower maintenance cost
- Lower inventory
- Improved first-pass yield (acceptance test rate) of repaired units
- Improved OEM technical support at the depot via on-site Field Service Engineering
- Development of new repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices
- Improved organic depot repair capability using industry-leading Lean processes to reduce inventory and improve repair turnaround
- Increased system and component time-on-wing, enabling improved overall platform availability
This contract represents a potential value of up to
. The contract amendment, known as Secondary Power Logistics Solution (SPLS)-II, is an extension of the existing Air Force SPLS-I contract signed in 2007 to provide depot-level logistics services and maintenance for SPS components on the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber, C-130 Hercules transport and ground carts.
- Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace "We're focused on ensuring the ongoing operational readiness of the Air Force F-15 fleet. This contract will enable a higher level of performance, reliability and logistics support for this vital aircraft fleet serving American and foreign militaries around the world."
, Honeywell's aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in
Morris Township, N.J.
, Honeywell's shares are traded on the
, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2012 Honeywell.