NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diageo, the world's leading premium spirits, wine and beer company, is pleased to announce it has earned a perfect score in the annual Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) survey for the fifth consecutive year. The CEI is an annual report produced by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest advocacy group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans. With another perfect score of 100, Diageo was once again recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work" and listed as one of the top companies that support equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
"It is an honor to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign for the fifth year running, especially given this year's increased requirements for the index," said Larry Schwartz, President, Diageo North America. "I am proud that Diageo continues to provide equitable benefits for LGBT employees and consistently contributes in very positive ways to the LGBT community and culture."
In addition, Diageo has been recognized for its Diversity Council and employee resource groups (ERGs). Diageo's Rainbow Network was one of the first ERGs at the company and remains one of its most active.""As an employee, I experience Diageo's ongoing commitment to diversity on a daily basis," said Calvin Burwell who leads Diageo's Rainbow Network alongside his day job as Director, Consumer Planning and Research. "Diageo's Rainbow Network receives outstanding support throughout the Diageo community extending to the highest levels of the organization. I am truly proud to be a part of a company that energizes its ERGs to make a difference in the lives of employees." Each year, the CEI provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large US employers and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees, consumers and investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV